One day of in-depth discussions from inspirational speakers representing the leaders in digital technology and policy.
Egmont Palace, Brussels
19 November 2019
Opening Session - European Future of Digital Health and Care
Vytenis AndriukaitisEuropean Commissioner for Health and Food Safety
Clemens AuerDirector General Austrian Federal Ministry of Health and Women's Affairs
Panel 1 - Realising the Potential of Health Data
Digitalisation and big data are transforming our healthcare systems, however there are still challenges to face in order to understand how to use this data effectively.
- How can patient data be more accessible for patients and more easily shared between national and international care units?
- What are the barriers in the healthcare system to focus on outcome and not activity?
- Do we need internationally standardised measures of patient reported outcomes (PRO)?
- How important are closer public and private partnerships for the success of fostering cost-effective integrated patient pathways?
Despina SpanouDirector for Digital Society, Trust & Cybersecurity in DG CNECT
Andrzej RyśDirector for Health Systems, Medical Products and Innovation in DG SANTE
Christian JervelundCE Head of Healthcare & Life Sciences Services at CE
Thomas AllvinEFPIA Executive Director Strategy and Healthcare Systems
Panel 2 - The Ethical and Social Implications of Artificial Intelligence
The application of artificial intelligence brings with it new opportunities and challenges. The process of adaptation will introduce new opportunities in business but at the same time have an impact in the current labour market. These changes will challenge our strategies for wealth distribution, e-privacy, safety and more.
- Is the regulatory framework of the European Commission evolving in a way that allow citizens to fulfil their digital potential and to build trust in the digital transformation?
- To what extent is the EC proposed safeguard against ethical pitfalls, such as AI bias, sufficient and proportionate to achieve the aim to protect society from the unintended consequences of the increased use of AI?
- How can European workers fully reap the benefits of the productivity growth that has historically been generated through technological innovations, such as AI?
Pilar del Castillo VeraMember of European Parliament
Lucilla SioliDirector for Artificial Intelligence and Digital Industry in DG CNECT
Thomas BouéBSA Director General, Policy EMEA
Göran KarlssonTCS AI Innovation Executive
Panel 3 - Fostering Trust in the Digital Era
In a world that is increasingly interconnected through digitisation, the growing threat from cybercrime is more tangible than ever and can cause sizable damages to global companies.
- How do we build a legal safeguard that maximises data protection and security without hampering technological innovation and the usability of digital services?
- To what extent does the AMLD5 cover the entities on the crypto-market engaging in illegal activities such as money-laundering, tax-evasion and terror financing?
- Are European businesses well-prepared to respond properly to cyberattacks and do they invest sufficiently in countering future threats?
Eva MaydellMember of European Parliament
Karel LannooCEPS Chief Executive
Steve PurserHead of Core Operations Department at ENISA
Nicolas ArpagianOrange Strategy & Public Affairs Director
Alberto Di FeliceModerator
Panel 4 - How The Digital Industry Can Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals?
The Sustainable Development Goals incite business leaders to take on sustainable investments. To fully realise this potential, the digital industry must continue to take action to align their business strategies with the SDGs.
- Is the global digital transformation evolving in a way that is aligned with the SDGs by allowing allcitizens to fulfil their digital potential?
- To what extent is data flows restricted by enhanced cybersecurity, and which initiatives can limit the trade-offs between the two?
- How do companies incorporate SDG-aligned conducts through digitisation that to the largest extent benefits both their business case and the global society?